Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Annihilation

Annihilation... what is it?


Annihilation is a game that we play every morning. We love it! It is a dodgeball style game. Here is how you play.

Aim of the Game: To get players out by throwing the ball at them, while avoiding being hit with another player's ball.

Rules:
1. The ball must hit you on the full in order to be out
2. When you are out, you must sit down. You get to join back in the game when the person who got you out gets out. (e.g. If Kayla got me out, I sit down and wait until Kayla gets out by another player. Then I get back up)
3. If you catch a ball that someone throws at you, then they are out.
4. You are only allowed to throw balls at people when they are in the designated play area.
5. Players may leave the play area only to fetch a ball.
6. Players are allowed one ball at a time only.



We have varied the game slightly from how we played it at the beginning of the term.
We have added some new rules:
1.  When you are out, you are allowed to throw a ball at someone who is playing (but you can't throw it at the person who got you out). That way you can get back in the game quicker. You are not allowed to move to get a ball and you must stay sitting down.
2. You can join with people to create a 'team'. These people work with you to get out the people you want to target, or they will get out the player that got you out so that you can get back in the game quicker.

Eight weeks of playing and we aren't sick of it yet!


13 comments:

  1. Hello I am Seth From kaniere school From ruma piwakawaka. The game that you are playing seems really fun We might try it But it is Frosty outside at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it is cody.t from Kaniere School your game sounds really fun a bit like dodge ball but the rules are a bit different we might try it out when it's not as frosty so we do not slip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am Kane from Kaniere School from Ruma Piwakawaka. The game your playing look's really fun are class might have a go at it but we cant right now because its looking a little bit frosty outside. How long would you play that game for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Liam from Kaniere School It seems very fun! I would like to play it. How many people can your team have ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is Theo from Kaniere School at Ruma Piwakawaka.
    That game looks fun! It looks like a fun warm up for the start of the day. How big can your team reach?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I am Sophie from Kaniere School near Hokitika. We mostly get frosts every morning it is like zero degrees. It is cold I would like to play that game every morning but as I told our court is full with whiteness. I can't believe you have played this game for eight weeks.
    Do you ever get frosts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my name is Jamie-lee and I go to Kaniere School and the game looks like fun to play. I would like to play it in the morning in our class but it is usually frosty outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I'm Jack R from Kaniere School and I am in Ruma Piwakawaka. Your game is cool and we might play when it not so frosty! Check out our class blog - we have created some piwakawaka art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi My name is Liam C and I go to Kaniere School. I think that game sounds fun and it looks like your all having lots of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Room 1. That game sounds fun! We play it in MLH every now and then, but we don't have some of your rules. Do you have any recommendations for rules we should definitely have? From Henry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi it is Sophie here from Kaniere School It looks like this game is very fun I wish we could play it with you.
    Do you guys ever play paper scissors rock?.

    ReplyDelete